About the course
Are you ready for a deep dive into the world of yoga?
Our 200-hour Hatha based training is designed to:
● Deepen and transform your personal practice (whether you plan to teach yoga, or not).
● Prepare you to confidently and safely teach a well-rounded, alignment focused yoga class that includes asana, pranayama and meditation.
● Provide a truly comprehensive experience where you will explore the breadth and depth of yoga.
Sound intriguing? Here’s more:
This training provides all the technical skills and knowledge necessary for yoga teachers. It is designed as a yoga lab where you will experience the four paths of yoga, develop a personal sadhana practice, consider philosophical yogic concepts in day to day life, and participate in discussions that encourage mindful reflection of yogic observances.
The goal of this multi-layered training experience is to enrich, inform, and inspire your teaching and personal practice for years to come. This course is especially unique among teacher trainings in offering a comprehensive exploration of the cultural, philosophical, scientific and cosmological roots of yoga. Knowledge gained in this training will distinguish you among yoga teachers and can lead to many unexpected and exciting new adventures.
You will learn:
● How to safely and confidently teach asana, pranayama and meditation
● The 4 instruction principles every yoga teacher needs to know
● Teaching methodologies and techniques (logistics, time management, group dynamics, lesson planning, sequencing, propping, assists and much more)
● How to safely adapt your teaching practice for targeted populations
● Anatomy & physiology (bones, muscles, joints, systems of the body, fascia, body reading, and more)
● Mysteries of the chakras and other structures of subtle anatomy
● Practice etiquette
● Ethics for yoga teachers
● The business of teaching yoga
● Yoga philosophy - You will undertake a comprehensive review of the Yoga Sutras and participate in ongoing discussions. You will also gain familiarity with several other yogic texts.
● The science of mantra
● Yogic lifestyle and diet
● The language and culture of yoga
- Introduction to Sanskrit. You will discover why it is so much more than just knowing asana names, and how this understanding can transform the practice experience.
- Introduction to canonical literature that embodies yogic thought. This will take your understanding of yoga to the next level and plant seeds for life-long avenues of study.
- Introduction to the cultural roots of yoga including it’s traditions, music, food, iconography, ayurveda, and more. This provides an enriched, contextual knowledge and fosters an appreciation of the origins, and “hidden” meanings of many yogic practices.
- Discover the lives and essential teachings of quintessential yoga masters from various lineages.
This training is for you if:
● You are seeking a hatha-inspired approach to yoga.
● You want to teach yoga, and you’re ready to step off the beaten path to explore new areas of yoga.
● You do not wish to teach yoga, but you desire to undertake an in-depth, transformative study.
● You want to understand the ancient roots of yoga, it’s life-style, spirituality and traditions.
● You are self-motivated, open to new perspectives, thirst for knowledge, and enjoy the process of study.
Our collaborative efforts offer great graduate perks!
This training is a collaboration between Radiate Yoga and Devi Ma Yoga. We are also an affiliate of all you can yoga™ (AYCY™), an international community of yoga schools. This connection with AYCY provides YOU with some awesome graduate perks:
● Become a member (Ambassador) of all you can yoga™ (AYCY™) and join a dynamic international community of yoga teachers.
● Receive discounts and opportunities with AYCY for continuing education, trainings and retreats in the U.S. and abroad.
● Receive discounts on boutique items in the online AYCY store.
You will also receive the following perks from Radiate Yoga AND Devi Ma Yoga:
● Mentorship and teaching opportunities.
● Discounts on graduate-level trainings, continuing education workshops, retreats and classes.
And, there’s more... Should you decide to become a member of Yoga Alliance, you will gain the right to use the Registered Yoga Teacher (200 RYT) credential indicating that you meet the national training standards set for yoga teachers. PLUS, you will gain access to a full complement of additional perks and educational opportunities through Yoga Alliance.
This is a six-month course beginning on October 5, 2019 thru March 31, 2020. We will meet in-person on Saturday or Sunday (however we do not meet every weekend). We will also meet periodically on Tuesday evenings. Some of the Tuesday evening sessions may be conducted remotely from the comfort of your home via video conferencing.
OCTOBER - Saturdays: 5, 12, 26 (1-7pm), Sunday: 20 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 15, 22 (7 - 9:30pm)
NOVEMBER - Saturday: 16 (1-7pm), Sundays: 3, 10, 24 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 5, 12, 19 (7 - 9:30pm)
DECEMBER - Saturdays: 7, 21 (1-7pm), Sundays: 15, 22 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 3, 10, 17 (7 - 9:30pm)
JANUARY - Saturdays: 18, 25 (1-7pm), Sundays: 5, 12, 26 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 7, 21, 28 (7 - 9:30pm)
FEBRUARY - Saturdays: 8, 22 (1-7pm), Sundays: 2, 16 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 11, 25 (7 - 9:30pm)
MARCH - Saturdays: 7, 21 (1-7pm), Sundays: 1, 15, 29 (12:30 - 6:30pm), Tuesdays: 3, 17, 31 (7 - 9:30pm)
Note: after you complete the training you will be scheduled for your practicum classes sometime in April (a requirement for those who want to teach yoga).
19 Second Avenue
Pelham, NY 10803
Open House Dates
Meet our trainers and ask questions by attending one of our Open House sessions.
● Tuesday May 21st, 7:00 -8:15 pm
● Sunday June 23rd, 12:15 - 1:30 pm
● Saturday Aug 3rd, 1:00 - 2:15 pm
● Tuesday September 3rd, 7:00 - 8:15 pm
Please RSVP. Email your name and date you’d like to attend to: email@example.com Open Houses will be held at Radiate Yoga.
Ready to Join Us?
- Time - Beyond in-class sessions, two written exams and practicums, students are expected to complete independent readings, homework assignments, a small class project, attendance in asana classes, and maintain a short, daily meditation practice. Successful participants are self-motivated and engaged in consistent active learning (both independently and in group discussions/practice). Once you are accepted into the program, you will receive your first homework assignment. So don’t wait to get started!
- Books - Training manuals and supplemental materials are included with your tuition. In addition, there are five required books for the course (books that every yoga teacher needs in their personal library). The total cost of all your additional books is approximately $95, however, your actual cost may be lower depending on the elective book you choose and whether you choose new, used or digital formats.
- Tuition - $3,150 or $2,950 Early Bird if registered by September 13, 2019
*Payment plan option is available.
Limited scholarships for reduced tuition are available based on financial need and your vision for your yoga certification. Don’t wait to apply if you wish to be considered. Scholarships awarded on a first-come basis. To inquire, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Sign Up?
Step 1: Email us at: email@example.com We will then contact you to set up an interview appointment. This interview is to get to know more about your interests, goals, yoga journey, and ultimately to ensure that you feel this is the right training for you.
Step 2: Once accepted into the program, a deposit payment of $400 is due.
Step 3: You will be sent a link to complete the official application form with all you can yoga™. This company handles many administrative aspects of our training, sets up your payment plan and takes payments.
Step 4: You will receive your book list and your first homework assignment so you can jump in right away!
Kelly Devi Swails
E-RYT, RPYT, CCCE, MA, owner of Devi Ma Yoga, was “found” by yoga while walking in NYC during a big snowstorm. With head down, she just happened to glance a small Ganesha statue out of the corner of her eye. Looking up, she found herself was standing in front of Integral Yoga and realized this must be a “sign”. Within a week she registered for a class, and in short order undertook their teacher training. Kelly began teaching yoga in January, 2005. She is certified in hatha, restorative, yin, prenatal, postnatal, and yoga for labor & delivery. In addition to teaching yoga, Kelly is a certified childbirth educator and birth doula. Kelly now mentors doulas and teaches basic and graduate-level yoga teacher trainings. Her extensive work with women and babies in yoga studios and birthing rooms has deeply influenced her approach and perspective on the power of yoga to transform lives. Additionally, Kelly shares her strong interests in Vedic & Western astrology and shamanic studies and often weaves these aspects into her classes. She holds a Master's Degree in Medical Anthropology and Medical Geography.
E-RYT, RPYT, LMT began practicing as a Licensed Massage Therapist in 2002 and started teaching yoga in 2014. She attended the Finger Lakes School of Massage in Ithaca, and studied herbology at the Northeast School of Botanical Medicine. She also holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology. After receiving advanced training in medical massage, anatomy trains, perinatal and infant massage, she began teaching at the Finger Lakes Massage School with a speciality in prenatal and postnatal massage. With a strong interest in this area, Danielle gained additional certification in prenatal and postnatal yoga. She is also a birth and postpartum doula. Danielle has a deep respect for the innate wisdom and healing abilities of both body and mind and offers a holistic, nurturing approach for her clients and yoga students alike. Danielle teaches physical anatomy & physiology and various speciality workshops for this yoga teacher training. (https://www.treeoflifehealingarts.com)
E-RYT, Reiki II, owner Radiate Yoga, first stepped on a yoga mat 20 years ago in an effort to alleviate chronic hip pain (it worked). In 2006 she completed her teacher training and shortly after that opened Radiate Yoga. She sometimes refers to Radiate Yoga as “the accidental” studio. She never intended to own a studio. She just knew that she loved yoga and wanted to share it. That saying “if you build it, they will come” certainly has been true for her. Over the last 13 years Radiate has grown and evolved, just as she has and so many others who decide to join them on their mats. Lisa has continued to study throughout those 13 years through workshops and trainings and her own self study. She is passionate about knowing as much as possible about the body, the mind, the breath and the connection between it all. (https://www.radiateyoga.com)
Accepted applicants who need to withdraw two weeks, or more, prior to start of training will receive a full refund of the initial deposit or tuition payment (minus a $60 processing fee). After that point, there is no refund of the deposit amount.