About the course
Immerse yourself in a 4 weekend intensive training in the study of prenatal yoga. Our 85 hour comprehensive pre-natal teacher training curriculum was developed for the All You Can Yoga lifestyle and mission of making yoga accessible for everyone.
Yoga is one of the most natural and powerful tools for a balanced and illuminated pregnancy.
In “The Embodiment of Prenatal Yoga” you will learn how to guide a woman through a safe and empowering yoga practice during each stage of her pregnancy. You will also gain an in depth knowledge of the pregnant woman and her developing baby.
Enjoy learning in the heart of gorgeous South Tampa with lead teacher, Jessica Freedman, and guest teachers that have a combined 30+ years of teaching experience
DATES AND SESSION TIMES:
1- September 15-17th.
2- September 22-24th.
3- September 29 - October 1st
Fridays, 4-9, Sat-Sun, 8-12 & 1-6
1310 S. Howard Ave. Tampa, Fl 33606
$1,500 Regular Price
- Provide the student with an extensive understanding the anatomical development of the pregnant woman.
- Teach safe and effective ways to guide the student through her prenatal yoga practice.
- Understanding fetal development and the changes that need to made throughout pregnancy to accommodate both the baby and mother.
- This teacher training will provide you with a balanced curriculum to cement the foundation and building blocks for a successful mind/body yoga experience for your students.
- The Basics of Pregnancy – Anatomy of the Pregnant Woman, Basic Fetal Development, Yoga Poses for Common Pregnancy Ailments
- Risk & Safety Protocols – Including Contraindicated Poses
- Dealing with the Physical & Emotional Aspects of Pregnancy throughout each Trimester – A brief overview of general changes throughout each trimester
- Prop Usage – Detailed Prop Usage for a Comfortable and Effective Practice
- Sequencing & Asana – Including Modifications
- Lower Bandha (Pelvic Floor) Work
- Breath Exercises
- Adjusting the Pregnant Body
- Benefits of a Prenatal Practice & Positive Impacts of Yoga Practice for Labor and Delivery
Jessica Freedman is a graduate of the University of Tampa with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Biology. Originally bound for medical school, she had a change of heart after viewing the direction of traditional western medicine. After college her interest in holistic medicine peaked as did her desire to help people live a healthy and happy life.
She completed her first 200 hour yoga teacher training in 2006 and was trained in prenatal yoga during that time as well. In 2011, she finished an additional 200 hour “Prana Flow” yoga training while pregnant with her first child, deepening her love for this quiet yet strong practice.
Over the last ten years she has guided hundreds of women through prenatal yoga practices and was blessed to be able to teach during the full duration of both her pregnancies. She feels lucky to have shared all the wonderful aspects of pregnancy with hundreds of women.
During both her pregnancies she was under the care of several amazing women with a combined 50+ years in the pregnancy and birthing field. These women included doulas, acupuncture physicians, naturopaths, midwives and obstetricians. She had the immense honor and pleasure of being taught the knowledge of these wise women on all things relating to natural and holistic pregnancy and birthing.
This teacher training is the compilation of everything she’s learned and her own motherly instincts to guide you in your own prenatal yoga journey. Along with her co-teachers Clare Seng and Michele Smith, this training will provide you with all the tools you will need to safely lead a pregnant woman through her sacred yoga journey.
1. The course curriculum shows 72 contact hours, however, please allow for 15-30 minutes of overflow time each session so we may get our 75 contact hours in.
2. If you are unable to make a day, please make arrangements with Jessica to make up those hours.
3. Makeup hours may include (but not limited to)- Private one-on-one study with her via Skype sessions or other. Shadowing approved prenatal teacher’s classes.
4. Please make sure you arrive at least 5 minutes prior to class in order to set up and get situated.
5. There are several lunch places within walking distance of the studio for your convenience.
6. Graduation Day will be the final Sunday of class.
7. This is a Yoga Alliance certified program which will allow you to teach Prenatal Yoga in a myriad of places that are more discerning, i.e. hospitals, women’s centers, doctor’s offices.