About the course
This training is SOLD OUT!
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
February 9 – May 31, 2020
Deposit: $800 → Due at registration
Early Bird: $2,900 → Pay in full by January 1, 2020
Regular Price: $3,200
Payment Plans → 4 equal monthly payments of $800 ea.
Trainees who participate in this training will be guided through a clear, thorough curriculum that will focus on:
- The four principles of the practice: Foundation of the Base, Press & Rebound, Law of Compensation, and Dual Action
- The 5 T's for teachers: Timing, Tone, Technique, Transitions, and Theme
- MRY Intelligent Sequencing
- Chakras and the subtle body
- Posture clinics
- Applied yogic philosophy
- The eight limbs of yoga
- Pranayama and meditation
- The business of yoga
The objective of this course is to:
Provide students with a deep knowledge of the asana practice, experiential anatomy, philosophy and ethics, teaching methodology, and practicum and mentorship hours.
This program is Yoga Alliance certified. After completion of Teacher Training, participants will have a 200-hour yoga teacher certification and be qualified to teach yoga.
- Yoga history
- Principles of the yoga practice
- Asana lab → alignment and posture breakdown
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga philosophy and lifestyle → Chakras, Bandhas, Gunas, Koshas, Mudras, Kriyas
- The art of teaching → finding your voice
- The yoga profession
- Business of yoga
I was born and raised in Chicago, where I began practicing yoga in high school. A friend took me to a beginner's class, and I was hooked right away. I completed my first 200-hour teacher training through CorePower Yoga in Chicago before moving to Seattle. I had no intention of teaching yoga before I entered my first teacher training, but I learned so much about myself and my practice during those months. I realized how much I wanted to share all of what I learned and continue to learn with other people. I deepened my understanding of yoga with two more teacher trainings in Seattle before moving to Grand Rapids. My classes are accessible and challenging, with a focus on safe alignment, strong breath, and pushing limits. I created Kula Yoga, because I wanted to bring a warm, welcoming, beautiful space and experience to my community in Grand Rapids. Kula is the spot where you can show up on your mat, just as you are, move through your practice, and spend time with your neighbors.
I am honored to facilitate the teacher training experience for yogis in and around Grand Rapids. After eight years in education working with elementary and middle school students, I've realized that teaching is truly my calling. I love to present the material covered in teacher training in fun ways that help solidify the information to those learning it, as well as make the information applicable to their daily lives. My teacher training groups stay small--I cap the number of participants to just ten--in order to provide each individual person the time and attention they need and deserve. By committing to small groups and holding our sessions in the intimate setting of the studio, teacher trainees forms close bonds that develop into true friendships. I'm humbled and blessed to be a witness to such journeys. Namaste.
- Teacher Training Manuals by all you can yoga™ and Megan Rader (included with registration)
- Essential Teacher's Manual by all you can yoga™
- Teaching Yoga by Mark Stephens
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga by Amy Ippoliti
- True Yoga by Jennie Lee
Requirements of the course:
- Attendance and full participation in all sessions
- Completion of all homework assignments, group discussion, and required reading
- Demonstrate an embodied and integrated knowledge of the coursework
- Pass a cumulative written exam and practical teaching exam
- Attend class at Kula Yoga two times each week
- Complete four class observation loops
Absence and makeup hours:
All full and partial absences must be made up either through a scheduled teacher trainee instruction time or during the next installment of teacher training before a certificate of completion will be given.
A non-refundable deposit of $800 is due upon enrollment to hold your spot in this teacher training program. Once the program begins on the scheduled date, no payment refunds will be given.