About the course
Welcome to our first Zen Flow YTT empowered by all you can yoga™
This 200 hr teacher training is for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of yoga and gain a better understanding of themselves. This training is not just for aspiring yoga teachers, but anyone looking to transform their lives. We will provide you with all of the tools you need for a safe and healthy practice as well as the space for healing and growth on your journey to finding your zen.
- Yoga history
- Principles of the yoga practice
- Asana lab → alignment and posture breakdown
- Anatomy and physiology
- Yoga philosophy and lifestyle → Chakras, Bandhas, Gunas, Koshas, Mudras, Kriyas
- The art of teaching → finding your voice
- The yoga profession
- Business of yoga
- Sept 14th-15th + 28th-29th
- Oct 12th-13th + 26th + 27th
- Nov 9th-10th + 23rd-24th
- Dec 7th-8th + 14th-15th
- Jan 4th-5th + 18th-19th
- Feb 1st-2nd + 22nd-23rd
- Mar 8th-9th + 22nd-23rd
- Apr 5th-6th + 12th-13th
- May 3rd-4th + 24th-25th
Fridays 6 – 9 (3), Saturdays 11:30 – 6:30 (7)
Investment in Self:
- Early bird: $3,300 (Paid before August 15, 2018)
- Payment plan available –> 6 monthly payments of $550 ea.
- Regular price: $3,500 (Paid after August 15, 2018)
- Payment plan available –> 6 monthly payments of $583.33 ea.
Requirements of the course:
- Completion of all homework assignments, writing projects and required reading
- Demonstrate an embodied and integrated knowledge of the coursework
- Practice regularly with your Zen Flow Teacher Trainers
- Attend 5 led classes by other teachers (and styles) within the community
- Attend and submit 5 observations
- Internship with Zenergy Yoga – teach 4 community classes
- Teach 4 in private class for someone in the course
- Pass a cumulative written exam and practical teaching exam
Absence and Make-up Policy:
Students may miss no more than 4 classes to remain eligible for graduation. If a student misses a session, s/he must consult with the instructors and submit an appropriate summary of the missed content that demonstrates that they have learned and mastered the content shared during the missed sessions. Depending on the content missed, and with instructor approval, one of the following options may be available to make up for a missed class:
- Support the business development of Zenergy Yoga to the best of your abilities.
- Attend additional certifications
- Attend other workshops by the lead teachers
- Assist a lead teacher's class as an ICP (In Class Private Teacher)
- Essential Asana Manual: all you can yoga™
- Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques: Mark Stephens
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Ray Long
- The Path of the Yoga Sutras: Nicholai Bachman
- Notebook and pen or laptop or tablet
- Printed or digital copy of manuals for in-class reference
In order to receive a Zen Flow certificate of graduation, you will be required to attend all sessions, complete all out of classroom assignments, pass a written exam, and teach a Zen Flow class where you are able to demonstrate sufficient comprehension of the material covered in the training. In the interest of maintaining the highest possible standards for graduates of the Zen Flow Teacher Training program, graduation is not guaranteed unless all requirements are met in full. Graduates of this program will be certified and considered RYT-200 by the Yoga Alliance.
Studio Director, Yoga Instructor, Hons B.A. Psychology, Bachelor of Education
Jessica is a mama to one-year old identical twin boys and the founder of Zenergy Yoga, her “first baby”. She is a strong believer that yoga, when practiced with intelligence and dedication, has innumerable benefits and can help to manage and alleviate many common ailments. Having witnessed the profound effects of yoga firsthand, she has dedicated her life to learning and experiencing as much as possible so that she can share her knowledge with others and support them on their journey to wellness.
Jessica is an E-RYT, (experienced registered yoga teacher), and YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider), and feels fortunate to have over 1000 hours experience working with individuals, groups and corporations to share her passion for yoga and wellness. She approaches teaching from the perspective that she is merely a facilitator, empowering people with the tools and knowledge to better connect with their body, mind and inner wisdom. She has a special interest in one on one therapeutic applications of yoga for both chronic disease as well as everyday ailments.
For Jessica, Zenergy Yoga is a dream come true. The vision for Zenergy Yoga was born in the Andes of Peru as she hiked the Inca Trail on a pilgrimage abroad. She dreamed of creating a studio that is accessible to everyone, regardless of their age, ability, experience level, or socio-economic status. She envisioned a space where people gather not only for classes, but also to belong to a community of like-minded individuals who support one another as they progress through their yoga journey. Her ultimate goal is to ensure that each and every person who enters the doors of Zenergy Yoga walks out feeling happier and healthier than they did when they first arrived. She is ecstatic to share the Zen Flow Teacher Training with the community and cannot wait to witness the growth and transformation that will arise throughout the journey.
1. Who is this training for?
This teacher training is for anyone looking to expand their knowledge of yoga and gain a better understanding of themselves. This training is not just for aspiring yoga teachers, but anyone looking to transform their lives. Yoga experience is recommended. Please contact us for an interview if you do not have experience.
2. Are any books or manuals required?
You will be provided with a digital copy of our course manual. You may view it electronically or print it out. Prior to the course commencement, we will provide you with a list of mandatory and recommended texts that can be purchased at your convenience.
3. Cancellation Policy:
A $700 deposit is due upon enrollment to hold your spot. If you cancel 30 days or more before the start of the program you will forfeit $250 of your deposit and the remaining balance will be refunded. If you cancel 14-30 days before of the start of the program, you will forfeit your entire deposit and any remaining balance will be refunded.
These fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cancel within 14 days before the start of the program or do not attend the program, the entire deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. Once the program begins the program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.